I feel like I’ve got a bit of a theme going…I keep writing recipes for things that seem much more difficult than they actually are to make. This is 100% one of those things. Pasta is one of the things that I like to make to impress people (or make people think I went through a lot of trouble) but is actually stupid easy to make. If you’ve ever played with clay or play-dough, YOU CAN MAKE PASTA. Read below, make the recipe, make your guests think you’re super impressive and went through a lot of trouble…and don’t tell them you didn’t.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus 1/2 cup to roll out
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- Pour your flour and salt onto a clean surface and form into a dome. Make a large well in the center (it should literally look like a volcano) and crack the eggs into the center.
- Using a fork whisk the eggs together, slowly mixing in the flour from the sides.
- Once the egg is mixed through begin to kneed the dough with your hands until smooth and elastic, 5-7 minutes.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 4 even pieces. Roll out your dough on a well floured surface until it is about 1/8″ inch thick, or until you can almost see through it.
- Cut into desired shape and cook in salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes.