I love a good meatball sub, and this one would have to be my all time favorite. Simple, not fussy, with LOTS of cheese.
Makes 2 meatball subs
- 1/2 batch of my Classic Meatballs
- 2 cups of The Best Red Sauce Ever
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced into thick disks
- 1/2 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 small or 1 large baguette
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Place 8 meatballs into a deep baking dish along with the 2 cups of red sauce. Let bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cover the meatballs with mozzarella and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove meatballs from the oven to let cool.
- Cut your baguette(s) lengthwise and brush with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden.
- To assemble, sprinkle the parmesan over the bottom of the baguettes, place meatballs on top with as much sauce as you like, add the top piece of bread.
- Serve hot!!