So a week or so ago I asked my lovely/readers/followers/fans (okay I won’t push it…I take back the fans) what they wanted to see more of on my blog. The general consensus was that you would like more healthy, easy, mains and chocolate, duh. So I spent a good chunk of time yesterday (while half watching the olympics..so inspiring/depressing at the same time) to write up a massive list of recipes that I think fall into the categories of healthy, easy and mains! This recipe could not be easier, you simply chop up a few peppers and onions along with your protein, toss with spices and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes and the best part is that you only have one pan to clean.
- 8 chicken thighs, you can substitute any meat you’d like, or just do extra veggies
- 2 yellow peppers/capsicums
- 2 red peppers/capsicums
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Begin by removing the core, seeds and stem from the peppers/capsicums.
- Slice onions and peppers/capsicums into long thin strips. Set aside.
- Cut your chicken thighs into 1/2″ wide strips. Roughly 4-6 strips per thigh.
- Mix your spices in a bowl and add chicken, vegetables and olive oil. Mix until evenly coated.
- Bake your chicken and vegetables on a large baking tray with high rims for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and starting to darken.
- Serve with coriander on rice or grains or wrap in a tortilla with sour cream and lime.