I like beer. Hayden likes beer a lot. Hayden especially likes ‘crusty beers’ at our favorite Mexican place in Manly, Chica Bonita. This is my slightly amped up take on their very popular chili, salt and lime crusted beer.
Serves 1 *makes 3 small glasses with ice
- 1 can Tecate beer, or pale ale of your choice
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 4 tbsp Tajine, this is a dried spice that we absolutely love. If you can’t find it simply combine 2 tbsp chili powder of your choice with 2 tbsp of salt
- Ice to serve
- Pour your spice mix onto a plate.
- Rub the rim of your glass with lime and dip the glass into the spice mix to coat.
- Add a few cubes of ice and a ribbon of cucumber.
- Fill the glass with beer and squeeze a quarter of lime into it, leaving the lime in the glass.