‘Holy Sh*t. WHY HAVE I NEVER MADE THIS BEFORE?!?’. Those were the thoughts going through my mind yesterday as my friend Ali and I demolished an entire round of baked camembert. If you’re a cheese person, or you’re just human, you should make this. It is seriously the easiest recipe, and people are genuinely impressed by it.
Side note- you know how there are vegetarians, pescatarians, even fruitatarians…is there such thing as a cheeseatarian? If so, I want in.
- 1 camembert or brie, packaged in a wooden box
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary *if you’re not a rosemary person, thyme will work just as well.
- 3 tbsp good quality honey
- Preheat your oven to 150ºC (350ºF).
- Remove any plastic or packaging from the cheese, reserving the wooden box.
- Place the cheese on a square of parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 3-5 slits in the top of the cheese.
- Place your rosemary sprigs on top and wrap with the parchment.
- Return the wrapped cheese to the wooden box and onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbling.
- Top with honey and serve with toasted bread or crackers.
- Repeat until you are officially a cheeseatarian.