This is similar to my last recipe, Hayden’s Super Salad, in a few ways. For starters, I didn’t come up with the recipe, and it’s also made up of random bits we had laying around the kitchen. My mom took the curried sweet potatoes that we had left over from dinner the night before, added some stock, some coconut milk and VIOLA! She made my (and soon to be yours) favorite soup. Seriously good, seriously quick and easy to make AND it’s healthy, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled *not those massive ones that are as long as your arm but still pretty huge
- 4 tbsp curry powder or spices of your choice
- 1 leter vegetable stock
- 400ml coconut cream *you can use regular coconut milk if you want a lighter soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Cut the sweet potatoes into large cubes. Toss in a bowl with your spices and a few tablespoons of olive oil until evenly coated.
- Bake on a foil lined (I love foil…) baking sheet for 30-40 minutes or until they’ve just started to color.
- Transfer sweet potatoes into a medium pot along with your vegetable stock. Let simmer for 30 minutes on medium low.
- If you have a stick blender (I wish we did) or a regular blender, this is the part where you blend it up until smooth.
- Return pureed sweet potatoes back to the pot and add your coconut cream, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with diced chives and greek yogurt.