I’m not one of those people that looks in a practically empty fridge, sees a few random ingredients and thinks “I’ll make this amazing meal!”. No, I am the person that looks in a practically empty fridge and decides to make toast or a jaffle (no shame in eating a jaffle, everyday for every meal…I would if I could). Hayden is the opposite. He looks in the empty fridge, almost always after I’ve had 3 pieces of toast and a kilo of butter, and whips up something amazing. As much as love toast, I am seriously envious of people who have this ability. It is with Hayden’s amazing magical powers that he made this salad. It’s stupidly easy and cheap, you have no excuses to eat toast if you have at least half of these ingredients in your fridge or pantry. Make it, eat it, repeat.
- 1 can lentils *you can substitute your favorite beans
- 1 can chickpeas *you can substitute your favorite beans
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 handful green beans, diced
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 handful radicchio
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Empty lentils and chickpeas into a sieve and rinse with water.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or keep in fridge without dressing until ready to serve.