This is one of my favorite drinks to make, I’ve even considered trying to make it into a cocktail..but I feel like that would defeat the healthy/healing purpose of the drink. Anyways, it’s extremely easy to make and is the perfect fix for when you’re feeling a bit under the weather and don’t feel like making a batch of chicken soup, or you’re vegetarian/vegan! (I read somewhere that vegans shouldn’t eat honey because it’s technically an animal product??? Can someone clarify if this is true please?).
- 4 knobs fresh turmeric, about the size of your finger…
- 4 knobs fresh ginger, same as above
- 3 tbsp local honey, local honey helps combat local allergens 🙂
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Roughly chop your turmeric and ginger.
- Place into the bowl of a food processor and blend until crossly ground.
- Transfer into a pot and cover with 4 cups cold water.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for at least one hour.
- Strain your tea into a pitcher and add honey and salt.
- Drink hot or allow to cool in the fridge and serve over ice.
*Also are those not the coolest tea cups ever? My dad gave me them for Christmas last year!