This is one of our absolute favorite salads to order when we’re out or toss together as a refreshing side to pretty much any Asian meal. Cucumbers are so often overlooked and just tossed into a salad or thrown into a juicer with 10 other vegetables. It’s not very often that they take center stage in a meal, and that makes me sad. If this makes you sad too, you should make this salad…it will make you feel better about neglecting cucumbers your whole life AND it tastes pretty damn good.
- 3 Continental cucumbers
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely diced
- 3 tbsp black vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Begin by cutting your cucumbers in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape out the seeds until just the hard shell remains.
- I like to have long and thin pieces but you can cut them pretty much any way that you like. (Cut them now..)
- Add all of your ingredients into a bowl and mix until cucumbers are evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 1 hour.
- Serve cold and enjoy!