I’m pretty proud of this recipe. 1-because it’s really good, 2- because Hayden liked it (he generally only likes chocolate things) and 3- when I went to get it out of the fridge to shoot the recipe, there was only 1/3 of it left…and a knife sat inside the dish so you could easily steal a little slice while no one was watching. You know something is good when you leave a utensil in the fridge for easy snacking.
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 225g salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 4 tbsp
- 2 250g blocks of cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 vanilla beans, slit and seeds scraped out
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
Method- Preheat oven to 180ºC (roughly 350ºF)
- Add your digestive biscuits into the bowl of a large food processor and blitz until it’s a fine crumb. Add in your butter, 4 tbsp sugar and a pinch of salt. Blitz for 5 seconds or until butter is fully incorporated.
- Pour your crust mixture into a round 10 inch false-bottom tart pan. Using the bottom of a flat cup or measuring cup, press firmly until the base and sides are evenly covered in the crust.
- Bake in the middle of your oven for 12 minutes or until the edges have just started to brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once your crust has cooled, you can begin making the cheese filling.
- Add your cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, eggs, lemon zest, salt and remaining 3/4 cup of sugar into a large bowl. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, mix your ingredients until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour into your cooled crust and bake in the center of your oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the sides are set but the center moves when shook.
- Let cool completely before serving. Serve with fresh fruit.
*Can be stored in the fridge up to 2 days if covered with plastic.