A few weeks ago I put up a recipe for the best red sauce ever, and I had quite a few people asking me where the recipe for meatballs was. Well, to be completely honest, I did make meatballs to go with that red sauce, I just didn’t think they were the best meatballs ever. So I’ve taken a few weeks, made a few different meatballs recipes, and this is the one that I feel is good enough to share. Of course I would highly recommend you eating them with the best red sauce ever, which is linked above.
Makes 12 medium sized meatballs
- 450g (1lb) pork mince
- 200g (7oz) beef mince
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1/4 cup parsley stalks, finely diced
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- crack of fresh pepper
- Add all ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Using your hands, mix until just combined.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, heat 3 tbsp rice bran oil.
- Take about 3 tbsp of your meat and form into a smooth ball. Place gently into the heated oil. Repeat until all of your meatballs are simmering in the oil.
- Turn meatballs to brown evenly on all sides.
- If you are serving your meatballs in red sauce, you can add them in when browned on all sides, but not fully cooked in the center. If you are having the meatballs on their own, continue to cook in the pan until cooked through.
Can be stored in the fridge up to 3 days. Enjoy!