I’m that annoying person that says they’re hungry, leaves the house without eating or grabbing a snack, then complains about how hungry they are until they finally get food an hour or so later. In an effort to not be that person, Hayden suggested that I make a bar, similar to the ones I’m always tossing in our shopping cart at the last second because I’m so hungry I can’t wait to eat proper food when I get home… So this is it, you can use any type of nuts that you like, using a mix of 2-4 different nuts is my favorite. You can also add in some dried fruit if you need some extra sweetness.
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 chia seeds
- 2/3 cup honey, the higher the quality, the better
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350ºF).
- In a medium bowl, add in your nuts, chia seeds and honey. Mix until nuts are completely coated.
- Line a 9×13 cookie sheet with parchment paper, then lightly coat with oil.
- Pour you nut and honey mix evenly over the parchment lined cookie sheet. Use the bottom of a glass with some oil on it to smooth it out to be completely flat and even.
- Bake in the center of your oven for 15 minutes, be sure to check it every couple of minutes to make sure the honey is not burning.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour or until hard.
- Cut your bars into any desired shape, store in an airtight container in the fridge or at room temperature (I like them cold).