I feel like there are three types of kale eaters in the world. The first, eat kale regularly and thoroughly enjoy it in all of it’s forms and preparations. The second (me), enjoy the occasional kale chip, pasta with (a small amount of) kale or even a kale salad smothered in amazing dressing with toppings. The third, just doesn’t eat it or drink it or go near it.
One of the best things about this recipe (besides the kale..obviously) is that you probably already have 90% of the ingredients in your kitchen. Highly recommended for Type 1 and 2 kale eaters, also for type 3 if you’re feeling adventurous. I promise, you can barely taste the kale. Also- it’s vegan..if you’re into that.
- 1 large head of kale, cleaned with stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup yellow raisins (sultanas)
- 1/2 cup almonds, roasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Using your hands, massage 1 tbsp olive oil into the kale for 2 minutes. This helps break the kale down so it’s not as tough.
- In a medium bowl combine tahini, lemon juice, salt, chili powder, cumin and remaining 4 tbsp’s of olive oil. Mix until smooth.
- Pour dressing over the kale and toss to coat evenly.
- Add in raisins and nuts, toss to combine.
- Serve as is or with grilled chicken, tofu, halloumi or really anything you like.
If you really like kale, here a few of my other recipes that just happen to include everyones favorite (or least favorite) ingredient!