My dad drinks negroni’s. I ordered a negroni (or two) on my first date with Hayden. Hayden now drinks negroni’s. It’s a very likable drink, and it’s very easy to make! If you’re having a party (or feeling lazy…) you can simply up the portions to fill up a bottle to keep in the fridge.
Makes 1 Negroni
- 1 ounce dry gin
- 1 ounce campari
- 1 ounce sweet red vermouth
- 1 orange peel
- Place your glass under running water then place in the freezer to chill.
- Pour the equal parts of gin, campari and vermouth into an ice filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake quickly to chill and mix.
- Remove chilled glass from freezer.
- Pour into a chilled rocks glass.
- Twist orange peel over the cocktail and drop in.
*Although you can have it straight up, I prefer a negroni over ice.