I first made this soup about a month ago. I have made it every single week since. It is super quick, easy and costs very little to make!
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can white beans, you can use almost any type of bean
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, quatered
- 2 thick slices ham, cut into cubes
- 3 leaves of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
White Bean Soup
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted add in onions and ham, sauté until onions soften.
- Pour in your chicken stock, beans and tomatoes.
- Using the back of your spoon crush a few of the beans, this gives more flavor and texture to the soup.
- Add in your kale and turn off the heat.
- Top with parmesan, fresh ground pepper and some crusty bread with butter.