I feel like most places in the world have their own signature breakfast sandwich. In Australia they have a “bacon egg roll”, in England they have a “bacon butty” and in America there is the “bacon egg and cheese”. There is really not much that can compete with a bacon, egg and cheese from your local deli in New York. I’ve done my very best to duplicate my ultimate bacon, egg and cheese on an everything bagel (even wrapped in wax paper per Hayden’s request).
- 1 everything bagel
- 3 pieces bacon, if you’re in Australia “streaky bacon”
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 slices cheese, I have a bad obsession with that plastic cheese that comes in little packets but you can use whatever you like…
- 2 tbsp butter
Preheat your oven to 140ºC
- Begin by cooking your bacon, you want it to be crisp but not burnt. The crispier the better, as you don’t want to take a bite and have the entire piece fall out..
- While your bacon is cooking slice your bagel in half a toast lightly.
- Mix your two eggs and milk in a bowl and pour into a frying pan at medium heat. Scramble until just cooked.
- Lightly butter both sides on the bagel.
- Put one layer of cheese on the bottom, followed by the eggs, bacon and one more slice of cheese.
- Lay out a long sheet of foil with an equally long sheet of baking paper.
- Place your assembled sandwich topside down on the center of the paper and wrap tightly.
- Place in the middle of your oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
*If scrambled eggs aren’t your thing you can opt for a fried egg instead, just keep in mind the egg will continue to cook in the oven so if you’d like a runny yolk don’t overcook it in the pan!