I like brownies. I don’t love them. But my boyfriend, Hayden, LOVES brownies. So when we first started dating and I made him these, I knew they had to be pretty good because he finished the whole tray in 24hrs (with multiple pints of ice cream)… The key is to not over bake them. I also highly recommend you add in chocolate chips for extra chocolate. I’ve only added a half cup in this recipe but you could easily add up to a full cup!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, plus 1 tbsp, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 170ºC (fan force)
- Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish evenly with 1 tbsp of butter.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar using an electric mixer until fully combined and soft. (3-4 minutes)
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in your salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour into your prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 26-34 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
Serve hot with vanilla ice cream. If you’re like Hayden you will add chocolate sauce too..