I love a good tomato. Almost everyone on Nantucket gets their tomatoes from Bartlett’s Farm, they’re so good that people eat them whole just like an apple right outside the shop (I am guilty of this..). This simple salad recipe goes perfectly with any summer barbecue. The better quality tomatoes, the better the salad!
*You could also use burrata instead of mozzarella. This is what my boyfriend would do…
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into thick disks
- 2 balls mozzarella, cut into thick disks
- 2 handfuls fresh lettuce leaves
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 10 basil leaves *I’ve used globe basil in this photo, but any basil will do.
- 2 tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl toss the tomatoes with salt and balsamic. Let rest for 5 minutes, this will draw out more flavor from the tomatoes.
- After 5 minutes add in your lettuce, mozzarella and basil leaves. Toss to combine.
- To finish drizzle salad with olive oil and some fresh cracked pepper.